Re: [SOGo] Using stunnel for imap client

  • From: Robert A Wooldridge < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Using stunnel for imap client
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 15:38:54 -0500

On 05/06/2010 02:28 PM, Martin Rabl wrote:
There are some good Tutorials at their site.

SOGo you have to configure to localhost:443 instead of the real IMAP-Server
The startpoint for stunnel is then localhost ...
The endpoint (conf in /etc/stunnel or so on) is the Mailserver you wish to
reach via ssl (isn't it?).

Look there:
http://security.fi.infn.it/tools/stunnel/index-en.html
http://www.stunnel.org/examples/encrypt_services.html
http://www.stunnel.org/examples/
http://www.octaldream.com/~scottm/talks/ssl/stunnel.html
http://linuxgazette.net/107/odonovan.html

Greetings,
Martin

Thanks Martin, I figured it out! It's quite easy actually. I have sogo set to localhost for the IMAP server. The real server is on another machine. So here's the stunnel command: stunnel -c -d localhost:143 -r mail:993

--
*Bob Wooldridge* <http://www.edm-inc.com/>