[SOGo] Revert back from TB3 -> TB2

  • From: André Schild < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Revert back from TB3 -> TB2
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 11:41:32 +0200

Hello,

I didi just upgrade my laptop from ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04, and of course there is TB3 included.

So for sogo to work you have the following to do:

1. Get rid of TB 3 by uninstalling it.
2. Get TB2 from the mozilla messenging website
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/all-older.html
3. Sine TB3 did convert the calendar data in the new TB3 format, we have to revert back
For this:
Updating to Lightning 1.0pre upgrades the calendar data and format to a newer version that is not supported by Lightning 0.9. Quoting myself <http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5909325#p5909325>: "I'd recommend to not use the same profile in both Thunderbird 2 and 3. To get your calendars back you could: Revert to Thunderbird 3.0b2 and Lightning 1.0pre test builds. Export all local calendars into the iCalendar (*.ics) format and write down the address of your remote calendars. Close Thunderbird and go to the Thunderbird profile folder. Move away the file "storage.sdb" and the folder "calendar-data". Open the file "prefs.js" in a text editor and remove the lines containing "calendar.registry.". You might want to backup those file/entries before deleting them in case something goes wrong. Revert to Thunderbird 2 and Lightning 0.9. Recreate or resubscribe your calendars and import the iCalendar files."

4. Finally start TB2 and (re)activate the sogo extensions

André

  • [SOGo] Revert back from TB3 -> TB2, André Schild, 05/08/2010