Re: [SOGo] Photo aren't working anymore :(

  • From: Martin Lehmann < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Photo aren't working anymore :(
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 02:14:35 +0200

@ludovic:
Thx, good to know the reason.

So, I'll patch the subversion sources until that myself.

Please let us know when photos are working again with the
funambol-connector and we don't need to patch the svn sources by hand.

Ludovic Marcotte schrieb:
Håvard Wigtil wrote:
I saw the code for this in a recent commit, and was hoping I didn't read the code correctly (as I agree that stripping all photos is bad even though SOGo doesn't support them). But it seems that this code does what I thought i does after all.

The offending code is the green block in this link: https://sogo-connector.forge.funambol.org/source/browse/sogo-connector/trunk/src/java/ca/inverse/sogo/engine/source/SOGoSanitizer.java?r1=29&r2=32

If you're alreday building from SVN it should be relatively simple to remove the offending lines.

Ludovic, would you care to tell us what proplem you were trying to fix with removing all photo tags, so we can see if we can find another solution?
Photos sent from BB devices were creating a hard lockup in Thunderbird during sync so the card had to be manually wiped from the database so Thunderbird would start for those users. The "hack" was a temporary one, added in the Funambol SOGo Connector but I guess the real fix should go into the SOGo Connector (ie., Thunderbird's extension) and that will be done prior to the next Funambol SOGo Connector release.

Regards,