Re: [SOGo] OpenLDAP password change

  • From: Ludovic Marcotte < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] OpenLDAP password change
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 09:30:26 -0400

Donny Brooks wrote:
I am running both the SOGo and OpenLDAP machines on Centos 5.4, and yes they are separate machines. My openldap is version openldap-2.3.43-12.el5 on my LDAP server. My sogo version is sogo-1.2_20100505-1.el5 from the yum repository and it's ldap version is openldap-2.3.43-3.el5.
If you use the password policy code, you'll have to run a very recent version of OpenLDAP (v2.4.17 and up) server/client libraries. Futhermore, you'll have to recompile the sope49-ldap package to link them to the recent OpenLDAP libraries.

The reason for all of this is that the password policy code is relatively buggy in OpenLDAP and it's still a changing target (ie., the specification is still in draft stage). SOGo (or rather, our modifications to sope49-ldap) makes use of the ldap control object which is tied to the innards of OpenLDAP.

We eventually plan to provide OpenLDAP RPMs for RHEL v5 (i386 and x86_64) for those who want to use it on this platform and update the documentation accordingly for its usage.

Regards,

--
Ludovic Marcotte

:: +1.514.755.3630 :: www.inverse.ca