Re: [SOGo] OpenLDAP password change

  • From: Gavin Henry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] OpenLDAP password change
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:33:48 +0100 (BST)

----- "Ludovic Marcotte"
< >
wrote:

> Donny Brooks wrote:
> > I am running both the SOGo and OpenLDAP machines on Centos
> 5.4, and yes they are separate machines. My openldap is version
> openldap-2.3.43-12.el5 on my LDAP server. My sogo version is
> sogo-1.2_20100505-1.el5 from the yum repository and it's ldap version
> is openldap-2.3.43-3.el5.
> >
> If you use the password policy code, you'll have to run a very recent
>
> version of OpenLDAP (v2.4.17 and up) server/client libraries.
> Futhermore, you'll have to recompile the sope49-ldap package to link
> them to the recent OpenLDAP libraries.
>
> The reason for all of this is that the password policy code is
> relatively buggy in OpenLDAP and it's still a changing target (ie.,
> the
> specification is still in draft stage).

I would tend to disagree with that. It has a draft RFC, but the code is solid
and is used by lots of companies and organisations.

Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 24 Cormack Park, Rothienorman, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 8GL.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html