Re: [SOGo] OpenLDAP password change

  • From: Gavin Henry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] OpenLDAP password change
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:07:06 +0100 (BST)

----- "Ludovic Marcotte"
< >
wrote:

> Gavin Henry wrote:
> > I would tend to disagree with that. It has a draft RFC, but the code
> is solid
> > and is used by lots of companies and organisations.
> >
> Most of the error codes in the control object have changed across
> releases. We've tried 5-6 releases since 2.3.X and we've got
> different
> error codes with the same calls each time. It has stabilized since
> 2.4.17 and I wouldn't call that a non-changing target if our tests
> haven't proven otherwise.
>
> There is a big difference in using the ldap tools (ldapsearch,
> ldapmodify, etc.) and linking to the OpenLDAP libraries.

Hmmm, that's strange I can't see one bug report or post from you on
the OpenLDAP lists and my archives go back 6 years. Did you ever try
to talk about this with us or provide any feedback at the devel level?

Thanks,

Gavin

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 24 Cormack Park, Rothienorman, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 8GL.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html