Re: [SOGo] OpenLDAP password change

  • From: Donny Brooks < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] OpenLDAP password change
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 09:32:15 -0500

On Thursday, May 27, 2010 08:30 AM CDT, Ludovic Marcotte
< >
wrote:

> Donny Brooks wrote:
> > I am running both the SOGo and OpenLDAP machines on Centos 5.4, and
> > yes they are separate machines. My openldap is version
> > openldap-2.3.43-12.el5 on my LDAP server. My sogo version is
> > sogo-1.2_20100505-1.el5 from the yum repository and it's ldap version is
> > openldap-2.3.43-3.el5.
> >
> If you use the password policy code, you'll have to run a very recent
> version of OpenLDAP (v2.4.17 and up) server/client libraries.
> Futhermore, you'll have to recompile the sope49-ldap package to link
> them to the recent OpenLDAP libraries.
>
> The reason for all of this is that the password policy code is
> relatively buggy in OpenLDAP and it's still a changing target (ie., the
> specification is still in draft stage). SOGo (or rather, our
> modifications to sope49-ldap) makes use of the ldap control object which
> is tied to the innards of OpenLDAP.
>
> We eventually plan to provide OpenLDAP RPMs for RHEL v5 (i386 and
> x86_64) for those who want to use it on this platform and update the
> documentation accordingly for its usage.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Ludovic Marcotte
>
> :: +1.514.755.3630 :: www.inverse.ca
> Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence
> (www.packetfence.org)

So I need to update my SOGo *AND* OpenLDAP machines to 2.4.17 or greater
correct? Should I also upgrade my mail server or does that really matter
since it isn't dealing with anything but authentication. Thanks for the
insight. It has been working just fine until I implemented the password
policy stuff. So that makes perfect sense.

--

Donny B.