[SOGo] Scripting Calendar Entries direct into Db

  • From: Ben < >
  • To: SOGo List < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] Scripting Calendar Entries direct into Db
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:05:31 -0600

I'm looking to write a script that will read data from a different database and insert calendar entries directly into the SOGo db. (Suggestions welcome of other ways of doing this -- I just want to have a cron job update a calendar based on our PO database). I've got a could questions about the data structure:

In calendar X there are 3 tables. X, X_acl and X_quick. Looking at the db format, it seems that every new calendar entry gets a long UID. Where c_name is UID.ics and in the Vcalendar entry has a UID: X

Is there a proper way to generate the UID? Is it random and incremented off something else I need to look at? Or can I just make something up? (I won't be doing syncing with funambol, etc)

What about X_quick? Is that something I need to populate as well, or can I trigger sogo to look at the X table and regenerate the X_quick table?

Any comments / pitfalls I may run into?

Ben