Re: [SOGo] iOS 4 CardDAV support

  • From: Pascal Gienger < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] iOS 4 CardDAV support
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:59:44 +0200

Am 29/07/10 14:51, schrieb Mark Adams:
No, I think you are thinking of CalDAV (for calendars) which allows you
to configure the URL.

Unfortunately with CardDAV on iphone and in address book this is
hardcoded. Thanks Apple...

It simply does a PROPFIND / on Port 8843 (SSL) to the given server.
This is simple to solve. For this Apache has to send out an authentication request (you're lucky if you have ldap as auth base for SOGo) and then call a script which sends the requested XML propfind result.

A much better solution would be a special SOGo URL, i.e.

/SOGo/dav/carddavrequest

which does that (auth check and output of propfind result),
so that a rule like

<VirtualHost _default_:8843>
.... stuff omitted ....
RewriteRule ^/$ /SOGo/dav/carddavrequest [PT]
</VirtualHost>

would be enough to enable it. Good enough for a feature request?

But (look at my other post) Apple Addressbook does a strange REPORT which breaks things up - you can ADD entries to the address book but you will never see them in Apple Addressbook.

Pascal