Re: [SOGo] Best way to create group calendar?

  • From: Patrick Ben Koetter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Best way to create group calendar?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 22:35:34 +0200

* Lars Anderson
< >:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 22:21:32, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
>
> > Is there a "best way" to create and share a group calendar?
> >

> I don't know, but here's what we do.
>
> > Ways that come to my mind are:
> >
> > - create a calendar in my account and permit others to use it
>
> We use this method for our small staff group of 10 people.
>
> > - create a dedicated account and share that accounts personal calender
> > with
> > others
>
> We use this for systemwide readonly calendars, eg. for the official
> dansh holidays calendar, we tell people to look up the user sys-cal
> which is a dedicated account and subscribe to the "danish holidays". We
> could then add more calendars to this account. Makes it more "official".

Do you use Macs in your setup? I've tried that and once iCal had detected the
shared calendar it started to complain it wasn't given write access to ALL
calenders - the personal and the shared calendar.

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15 Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München Telefax +49 89 3090 4666

Amtsgericht München Partnerschaftsregister PR 563