[SOGo] iphone and calendar alerts

  • From: Ryan Evans < >
  • To: Sogo List < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] iphone and calendar alerts
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 15:58:25 -0500

Anyone using SOGo and iPhones, are y'all seeing that if you are subscribed to other calendars and they have alarms, then you get the notification on the iphone, even if the "Show Alarms" box isn't checked?

I am subscribed to a shared calendar that has a user taking vacation this week, every night at midnight I get a alert on my iphone that has the title of the calendar event on it. In thunderbird, i have the box unchecked for "show alarms" and in the web i have the box unchecked as well, but still get the notifications! Was curious if anyone else is seeing this, doing some googling, turns out that people had this issue on the google calenders but after disabling notifications on the calendars, the problem went away on the google ones..... Doesn't seem to be going away with the SOGo ones. This happens even when the calendar (on the iphone and on thunderbird) is UNchecked or disabled. It's getting annoying as we are starting to deploy more and more iphones.

TIA,

Ryan

--
Ryan Evans
Systems Administrator

Privileged, Proprietary and/or Confidential Information may be contained in
this electronic message. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should
kindly return to the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system.
Gulf Interstate Engineering Company does not accept responsibility for
changes made to this electronic message or its attachments.