Re: [SOGo] General info in Sogo

  • From: Mark Adams < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] General info in Sogo
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:57:39 +0100

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 09:01:47AM -0400,

wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I liked this concept of sogo, but a better understanding on the underlying
> usage of sogo would help me further.
>
> As per my understanding, Sogo, relies on other component to create a mailing
> solution or support an existing one.
>
> My queries are :
>
> a) Is Sogo a Mail server?
No
> b) I have a scenario,
> I have a mail server (Axigen) ready
> I have integrated it with an LDAP (openldap)
> Im looking out for webmail interface for my underlying Axigen.
> Now , where do the Sogo fit in it this.
> Does Sogo provide me with Webmail interface?
Yes, as long as its IMAP
> If yes, then can it be integrated with LDAP.
Yes
> Also, what additional use do i have with Sogo for my particular scenario?
CalDAV and CardDAV. Not sure if you want to move this stuff away from
your Axigen setup.

Basically SOGo does calendaring/contacts and you plug your own
smtp/imap/ldap back end in to it

The homepage at http://sogo.nu says it all I think!