Re: [SOGo] _quick database tables

  • From: Ben < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] _quick database tables
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:31:01 -0600

Pardon the potential ignorance, but if _quick only contains a subset of fields in the main table, shouldn't it just be a view and not store independent data? Then it can't get our of sync and the db is smaller (faster?). (I'm assuming mysql can do this, postgres can).

Ben

Wolfgang Sourdeau wrote:
The _quick table is a table containing some selected extracted fields from the store table, for web presentation, minus the records marked as deleted.

In SOGo, no record is really deleted. We only mark them as such so that synchronisation processes such as the one from Funambol can properly remove the deleted records from the client devices.

Thus, if those records are missing from the quick table, you must have manually deleted them.