[SOGo] Modifying Calendar Entries

  • From: Chris Hobbs < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Modifying Calendar Entries
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:27:03 -0700

We use a calendar to keep track of substitute teacher requests in our district. I've set up a calendar for that purpose, and granted the user that will be managing those requests full access to it (Modify on everything, and Add/Delete permissions).

Schools request substitutes by inviting the 'subs' calendar to a meeting. 15 minutes == 1 sub. So if a school needs 4 subs on the 20th, the school secretary schedules a 1 hour meeting with the 'subs' calendar.

The problem is that the person in charge of managing the subs cannot modify the events that have been created, since 'subs' is merely an attendee and not the organizer. Optimally, we'd like this person to be able to modify the category of the item to reflect its state in processing (approved and filled).

I realize that SOGo is working as designed in this situation, and that using a calendar in this way to manage subs in completely weird, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how we might make this work.

I'm not above mucking about in the database to deal with this if I need to...

Thanks!

--
Chris Hobbs
Director, Technology