Re: [SOGo] Constraints based on group membership

  • From: Alexandre Bertails < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Constraints based on group membership
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 18:41:50 -0400

I opened a ticket about this issue some time ago [1].

Since then, we decided to do the authentication/authorization in
Apache instead of SOGo and it works well.

To be honest, I don't think it's a good idea for the SOGo team to
spend time on developing something that is already well done in the
front-end server, and very powerful. Besides, most of the sysadmins
already know how to do that within Apache. Eventually, this could be
suggested in the SOGo user manual.

Alexandre Bertails, W3C Systems Team.

[1] http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=333