Re: [SOGo] general questions regarding SOGo install

  • From: Bastian Kirchner < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] general questions regarding SOGo install
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:53:58 +0200

Hi Francis

1st: you CAN use SOGo with an external IMAP server, the users must have the
same credentials at SOGo which they use at the imap server (username/password
or emailaddress/password). You have to configure the IMAP host via defaults
and, if the users must log on to IMAP with the mail address, you have to tell
SOGo to do so.

If you install SOGo from repo, Cyrus will be installed with it, but you may
ignore it, just leave it unconfigured.

But yes, SOGo can be used with external imap servers.

Regards,

Bastian Kirchner
sent from my iPhone