[SOGo] SOGo Development Test Setup (Compilation)

  • From: Jakob Klein < >
  • To: SOGo Mailinglist < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] SOGo Development Test Setup (Compilation)
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:32:21 +0100

Hello dear SOGo devlopers and fellow users,

I've followed this mailing list for some time and found a lot of
interesting topics mentioned here so far, maybe someone can help me here
with probably a rather dumb question.

(a lengthy) Introduction:
I have a working SOGo 1.3.3 running on a CentOS 5.5 server for my family
and relatives - everything works nice and smooth - setup from rpm repos
via yum was a bit complicated (as a lot of settings and environment
programs differ from the "standard" solution mentioned in the
Installation Guide), but nothing I could not solve by looking at this
mailing list's archives and/or trial and error. I use it a lot with
multiple PCs and it makes a perfect "PIM and email-everywhere" solution
together with Evolution for me. A big thank you to the developers & the
user base at this point!

What I miss though is a support of multiple email fields in my contacts'
vCards in the online interface. As I have a lot of contacts with more
than 2 emails (up to 6 in some cases...) which are used simultaneously
for different purposes (e.g. university, private, work, paypal, mobile
push addresses...), it would be nice to be able to use them in SOGo
online from the contacts list. In Evolution via WebDAV they _display_
fine (the Evolution Contact Editor lacks support of more than 4 emails
and 8 telephone numbers too, which is not a big problem as I rarely
update my contacts and I add the additional emails manually in the vcard
data and sync them via cadaver over WebDAV). I had a quick look into
the sources and found the place where a simple patch should have the
ContactView display them at least like in Evolution (UIxContactView.m:
function "secondaryEmail" on line #136 in 1.3.3). I also had a look at
the editor in SOGo but it seems a bit more complex and is of lower
priority for me now.

My problem:
Obviously I don't want to use my live system for development and
testing, so I thought about using the ZEG for my dev setup, as a VM
should be perfectly suited for such a purpose. I have the ZEG running
without any problems in VirtualBox and SOGo is reach- and completely
usable in my local network. I downloaded the 1.3.3 Sources and
(hopefully) all dependencies (mostly headers missing) to the VM and
tried to compile it from sources there (without any modifaction in
source yet!) using the "How do I compile?" from the FAQ
(http://www.sogo.nu/nc/support/faq/article/how-do-i-compile-sogo-2.html)
as a guide - without much luck so far. ./configure of SOPE works well,
make gives an Error at SaxAttributeList.m as you can see bellow.

:~/SOPE-1.3.3#
./configure --with-gnustep --enable-debug
--disable-strip
GNUstep environment:
system: /usr/System
user: /root/GNUstep
path: /usr/System:/usr/Network:/usr/Local:/root/GNUstep
flat: yes
arch: i486-pc-linux-gnu
combo: gnu-gnu-gnu

Note: will install in GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT: /usr/Local

Configuration:
FHS: install in GNUstep tree
debug: yes
strip: no
prefix: /usr/Local
frameworks:
gstep: /usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles
config: /root/SOPE-1.3.3/config.make
script: /usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

creating: /root/SOPE-1.3.3/config.make
optional library found: xml2
optional library found: ldap
required library found: ssl
optional library found: pq
optional library found: mysqlclient
configuring NGStreams library .... done (log in config-NGStreams.log).

:~/SOPE-1.3.3#
make
This is gnustep-make 2.2.0. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for
help.
Making all in sope-xml...
Making all in SaxObjC...
Making all for library libSaxObjC...
Compiling file SaxAttributeList.m ...
gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1obj': execvp: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [obj/SaxAttributeList.m.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [internal-library-all_] Error 2
make[2]: *** [libSaxObjC.all.library.variables] Error 2
make[1]: *** [internal-all] Error 2
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

I hope someone can help me, and I do apologize kindly if my question is
too dumb or in the wrong place here!

Kind regards
Jakob Klein

  • [SOGo] SOGo Development Test Setup (Compilation), Jakob Klein, 11/01/2010