Re: [SOGo] IE 8 Memory Usage

  • From: Jason Liedtke < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] IE 8 Memory Usage
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:28:33 -0500

Refresh doesn't work in IE I already tried that.

Someone pointed me to http://www._javascript_kit.com/javatutors/closuresleak/index.shtml  off list.  I wonder if anything on this site could also be causing the issues in Sogo.  My problem is we are looking to deploy Sogo across our company. Everyone uses citrix pushed apps so most of the computers only have 512MB of ram. I am afraid that Sogo will slowly kill the machines during the day if left open.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Daniel Berteaud < "> > wrote:
Le mardi 23 novembre 2010 à 12:43 -0500, Jason Liedtke a écrit :
> Hi Everyone,

Hi

> We are just testing out Sogo and I was wondering if there a fix or a
> way to stop IE from eating up all the ram of the computer during
> normal usage of Sogo.  Each time I press the write button and it opens
> a new window it uses up 8MB of ram more and even after closing the
> window it does not release the ram.

Same problem with Firefox (on linux). I can't use the web interface open
all the day, or firefox eats all the available RAM. I don't think the
problem is on sogo side, but in the way modern web browsers manage the
memory. Only Chromium seems to be acceptable in this area (I just
refresh the whole page from time to time, and the ram is freed).

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.