Re: [SOGo] IE 8 Memory Usage

  • From: Martin Rabl < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] IE 8 Memory Usage
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:46:20 +0100

Hi,

Am 23.11.2010 um 19:09 schrieb Daniel Berteaud:
> Same problem with Firefox (on linux). I can't use the web interface open
> all the day, or firefox eats all the available RAM. I don't think the
> problem is on sogo side, but in the way modern web browsers manage the
> memory.
Firefox is not a good example for a memory saving browser ... ;-)
My personal "best time": 1.9 Gbytes RAM.
A similiar behavior you can find with Safari (today my Mac-OS-X-Safari had
about 1Gig ...).
In my opinion this comes mostly from the flash plugins - don't ask why, maybe
the plugin didn't give back the allocated Memory correctly or something else
in that way ...
SOGo has no or only less effect (not more than other JS-Apps), what I see.

Bye,
Martin