[SOGo] SOGo Scalability Approaches, Ideas ?

  • From: Mohit Chawla < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] SOGo Scalability Approaches, Ideas ?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:02:37 +0530

Hi,

I'd like to know how folks around here are actually scaling SOGo deployments. Not trade secrets, but at what levels does scalability needs to be taken care of.

So, if I have say,  two SOGo servers, then what would be the correct way for preserving sessions across those nodes ?

To be more specific, consider a round-robin dns deployment in place for these nodes, with TTL ~30 seconds. Then in case of a node failure, what all data and session stores need to be taken care of  ? Does it make more sense to have a single sql database (on a SAN maybe) or multi-master replication across the nodes ?

What about memcached ?   Does it need to be replicated as well ? At what other levels do I need to be concerned ?

Ideas about SOGo's "scalability" in this regard, appreciated !

Thanks.