Re: [SOGo] SOGo Scalability Approaches, Ideas ?

  • From: Mohit Chawla < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo Scalability Approaches, Ideas ?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:05:12 +0530

Hi,

Thanks for the response (btw, not idling on irc right now ? :) my nick is alcy) !

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM, tarjei < "> > wrote:
Are you sure you need to? I'm not sure, but if SOGo follows the REST
principles then you might not have to.

I am not sure either. Currently firing VMs to test the specifics. Hopefully the devs could shed some light on this as well.

How big is your deployment? Have you considered separating the DB from
the frontend nodes?

As I said, the db will be either on a SAN device or be replicated in multi-master mode on the nodes themselves. The initial deployment is ~20k users. Will eventually scale to more.

Replicating memcached is a good idea if you got many hits across the
servers - or if sessions needs to be replicated.

Thanks for the tip ! Also I would like to know, whether it is used by SOGo for storing any important session information as well, that would make sense in this scenario ?

Other approaches to consider:
- - look into using varnish[1] to speed up repeated requests.
- - if you got massive scale issues, consider sharding your users into
separate boxes.
- - consider using ningx for loadbalancing instead of DNS.

Thanks for the pointers, will look into these !