Re: [SOGo] Default Account of Thunderbird and SOGo

  • From: Martin Rabl < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Default Account of Thunderbird and SOGo
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 17:22:00 +0100

Hi,

Am 02.12.2010 16:49, schrieb Alessio Fattorini:
Sogo-integrator authentication is based on IMAP Default Account. If
username is different from sogo username authentication fails without
any error: icons, calendar list and others stuff don't work.
It's a strange behavoir, it's not easy to understand when fails and
Got yesterday the same behavoir and searched for (my) error ...
So, I support your proposal to let the user decide, what for account he will use.

Is it possibile?
Should i fill a bug report?
(* smile *) better a feature report

I will change your proposal a little bit: as you sad, the integrator depends on the Standard-Account (could be a POP3-Account, too, I think):

* What about inserting a simple Dropdown-Box in a second tab in the SOGo-TB-Configuration-Pane, where the user can select the account he will use? IMHO the changes in the integrator-code are not so big, and its easy to use for most of the users.

* Secondary, an third tab ;-) could be inserted, where the user can put in the account data for a sogo-user not used by any account in the users thunderbird installation. I think, thats better than annoying popups.

So, we should file a feature request - will you do?

--
Viele Grüße,

Martin Rabl