Re: [SOGo] LDAP Address Book Indirect Bind

  • From: Nathanael Bettridge < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] LDAP Address Book Indirect Bind
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 07:04:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi Dennis,

I've thought about that - as far as I can tell, that would still have the problem (except that all users could now see an address book for each domain, since the instance is shared). I'm also creating domains directly into LDAP, and if I use a different addressbook per domain, I need to edit configs & restart any SOGo instances whenever I do so (which is doable but messy). Is there a theoretical limit on the number of LDAP address books btw?

Unless there's some way to perform a substitution on the LDAP base of the address book when queried?

Something like (I'm no good @ ObjectiveC so pseudocode follows) :
$ParentDomain = getUserDNComponent($UserDN,3);
$ldapsearchbase = $ParentDomain + ",o=hosting,dc=my,dc=domain";
?
On the other hand - I get the feeling it's possibly a good idea for ldap queries visible to the user, to respect ldap ACLs for that user, regardless of the specific use case...

Thanks,

-Nathanael Bettridge