Re: [SOGo] Recommended backup scheme for SOGo?

  • From: Advrk Aplmrkt < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Recommended backup scheme for SOGo?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:27:26 -0600

On 15 December 2010 11:28, Покотиленко Константин < "> > wrote:
В Срд, 15/12/2010 в 11:15 -0600, Advrk Aplmrkt пишет:
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to setup a basic home-based server that runs just SOGo
> for my calendaring, contacts, and e-mail needs. After reading all the
> material I can find, and hopefully with a little help from this
> mailing list, I think I can setup up SOGo on my server.
>
> However, I have no idea how I can make effective backups of the
> server, so that I can restore it after an accident or re-installation
> as easily as possible. Can anyone tell me exactly what should be
> backed up on a server running just SOGo (and, of course, all the
> dependencies like PostgreSQL/MySQL, LDAP, etc. etc.), and how to do it
> effectively? As a newbie to all this, I would appreciate any specific
> steps you can provide.
>
> Thank you very much!

As far as I know thing to backup are:

- gnustep config
- apache site config if changed
- mysql database
- not SOGo related: IMAP and smtp configs and mailboxes

For what you listed, can you give me the paths to the files that should be backed up? Also, if I have to reinstall the system, would it be sufficient to simply restore those backed up files? Thanks.