Re: [SOGo] Ldap Server Migration

  • From: Ludovic Marcotte < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Ldap Server Migration
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:24:15 -0500

On 10-12-20 7:04 AM, Christian Naumer wrote:
Hi There,
we have sogo running at the moment with an Active Directory backend.
This works ok. We want to migrate to 389-Directory server sometime next
year. The usernames and uid will stay the same. What is the
"recommended" way of migration here? Doing a backup with sogo-tool and
then restore that backup in the new setup would be my first idea.
As the SQL-server will also change I don't think I can just backup the
database and use that??
If you are just changing the LDAP authentication sources, you don't need to backup/restore SOGo. You'll just need to modify the SOGoUserSources accordingly.

If you're moving to a brand new server and plan to carry out the database and keep it running on the same server as the SOGo one, a simple database dump/restore will do it.

Regards,

--
Ludovic Marcotte

:: +1.514.755.3630 :: www.inverse.ca