[SOGo] Users Source: problems with Active Directory

  • From: < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Users Source: problems with Active Directory
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:49:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi to all,

In our company we are looking for a product to migrate mostly users from MS
Exchange to other solution to reduce costs. We are trying with SOGo and doing
several tests and after study multiple options we really like it. Our idea is
to hire support because it will be used by 600<800 people when it was totally
implemented.

At the moment we are testing with the Vmware appliance but we are having a
problem with the SOGo users source (Active Directory). I copy the relevant
part
of the config file:

<array>
<dict>
<key>CNFieldName</key>
<string>cn</string>
<key>IDFieldName</key>
<string>sAMAccountName</string>
<key>UIDFieldName</key>
<string>sAMAccountName</string>
<key>baseDN</key>
<string>dc=sadiel,dc=es</string>
<key>bindDN</key>
<string>cn=USERAD,cn=users,dc=sadiel,dc=es</string>
<key>bindFields</key>
<array>
<string>sAMAccountName</string>
</array>
<key>bindPassword</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>canAuthenticate</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>displayName</key>
<string>Shared Addresses</string>
<key>hostname</key>
<string>IPSERVERAD</string>
<key>id</key>
<string>public</string>
<key>isAddressBook</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>passwordPolicy</key>
<string>NO</string>
<key>port</key>
<string>389</string>
<key>scope</key>
<string>SUB</string>
<key>type</key>
<string>ldap</string>
</dict>
</array>

The problem we are experiencing is that we can only login to SOGo with users
in
cn=users,dc=sadiel,dc=es but all users are not in this container.
For example my DN is
CN=Surname, Name,OU=Floor,OU=Place,OU=Group,OU=Sadiel,DC=sadiel,DC=es and i
can
not login.

What we are doing wrong or forgetting?
Can anybody help me?