Re: [SOGo] cache static content

  • From: Jan-Frode Myklebust < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] cache static content
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:10:52 +0100

It looks to me like this should work fine, all POSTs seems to go to
/SOGo/so or /SOGo/connect, and I see no parameters in any GETs. So I
would suggest adding something like the following to the default
apache config (SOGo.conf):

# Compress text-type content:
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript

# Don't use inode in ETag, in case we're running on a cluster
# where static file inode numbers will be different between the
# nodes
FileETag MTime Size

# Add far future expiry headers to static content. Reduce these
# to much shorter (1 hour?) before you plan on any upgrades to
# SOGo, to be sure clients quickly will pick up new versions of
# any content.
<Location /SOGo.woa/WebServerResources/>
ExpiresActive on
ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 week"
</Location>
<Location /SOGo/WebServerResources/>
ExpiresActive on
ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 week"
</Location>

# Point this at your SOGoFaviconRelativeURL
<FilesMatch "^favico\.ico$">
ExpiresActive on
ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 week"
</FilesMatch>