Re: [SOGo] Status on sogosync

  • From: Heiner Markert < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Status on sogosync
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 10:56:39 +0100

Am Sonntag, 2. Januar 2011 10:57:18 schrieb Bo Simonsen:
> Hello Martin.
>
> fre, 31 12 2010 kl. 19:56 +0100, skrev Martin Lehmann:
> > Hi Bo,
> >
> > that sounds really good.
> >
> > I don't know wether it's possible but a very cool feature would be to
> > have support for dav's "collections".
> > So that you can choose multiple calendars or addressbooks for sync and
> > not only the private ones.
>
> To me i sounds like an extension to SOGo. It could be really great to
> have the ability to create DAV-views, similar to database views. So you
> could get a composed view of contacts and calendars, probably also
> filtered by dates and categories. However, it would still appear
> as one calendar/contacts, and modification will also be hard to deal
> with.
>
> It could be in SOGOsync however, this would require database backend,
> and administration interface. The great thing about SOGOsync currently
> is that it doesn't not depend on any configuration which is user
> specific. Can you propose a more simple solution? That would be
> appreciated. :)

Hi,

the SOGo SyncML interface (via funambol) provides the possibility to select
several calendars for synchronization - for this purpose, there already is
a "synchonize"-checkbox available in the web frontend where one can select
calendars for synchronization and assign a sync tag for the calendar (which
will be prepended to the event name during synchronization to the mobile).
Maybe it is possible to also use that information for the z-push backend?
This
would in particular make the syncml and z-push backend act in an identical
way.

Regards
Heiner