Re: [SOGo] Status on sogosync

  • From: Jan-Frode Myklebust < >
  • To: Bo Simonsen < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Status on sogosync
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 11:17:05 +0100

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 10:57:18AM +0100, Bo Simonsen wrote:

> It could be in SOGOsync however, this would require database backend,
> and administration interface. The great thing about SOGOsync currently
> is that it doesn't not depend on any configuration which is user
> specific. Can you propose a more simple solution? That would be
> appreciated. :)

I agree, SOGOsync running completely on top of WebDAV/IMAP/SMTP is
great. Makes it very easy to run the SOGOsync service on another (set
of) server(s), without exposing any database to SOGOsync.

One thing I'm wondering about though.. The SOGo-servers are (AFAIK)
completely stateless -- it doesn't matter which instance in the server
farm a client connects to, so we can easily scale out by adding more
servers. Does that also apply to SOGOsync ? I've noticed there is a
/state/ directory which I don't quite know what is, and which makes me
worried maybe SOGOsync will not handle running on more than one server ?

-jf