Re: [SOGo] Status on sogosync

  • From: Jan-Frode Myklebust < >
  • To: Bo Simonsen < >
  • Cc: users < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Status on sogosync
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 09:10:45 +0100

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 06:02:55PM +0100, Bo Simonsen wrote:

> Unfortunately ActiveSync is not stateless. The server stores information
> about which objects that is already synced. One could use NFS to handle
> this, however I would prefer a mysql based solution. I should definitely
> implement that..

A mysql-based solution would probably be a bit worse for us, as we know
how to run fully redundant cluster filesystems -- but don't really know
how to make mysql (reliably) highly available..

As (AFAIU) SOGo can use repcached, could maybe also SOGoSync use the same?
Or some other replicated db that voids the single point of failure a
normal relational DB would be.

-jf