Re: [SOGo] Howto Walkthrough for CentOS

  • From: Brian Lockwood < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Howto Walkthrough for CentOS
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:34:59 +0000

A great effort which will encourage people to put sogo into use because you have put the whole thing in one place.

Three points initially,

1) I use sogo in a school environment with ~2000 users and in order to prevent users seeing spam I use sieve. This sieves all their marked spam (marked SPAMTASTIC by Spam Assasin) into a spam folder and it gets auto deleted after a few days. The sieve commands are in one common folder which is soft linked to all my users'  imap folders. In other words my users don't use sieve themselves and it can't be turned on in sogo otherwise problems would occur.

2) Because sogo recommended Postgresql I used it in my installation. I use Mysql for other purposes, I am no way anti-mysql. the default mysql install use myisam database engine and I wonder if innodb might not be more appropriate. However I would emphasise that I am not an expert.

3) I found on my Centos 5.5 install that I got a dependency problem on a vanilla install that I solved by using the epel.repo. I think it was on memcached version.

Again, great effort!

Brian Lockwood