Re: [SOGo] Interoperability of SOGo Connector and iPhone

  • From: < >
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Interoperability of SOGo Connector and iPhone
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 03:32:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi Philip,

Last night I submitted a couple of small patches for the Sogo connector (see
http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1110) which should cure the "item1."
prefix
problem. I'm just cutting off those prefixes so Sogo/TB can read addresses
originated in the Apple universe. Of course, by ignoring any grouping
information TB might get the relationship of address components wrong, a home
fax number might show up at work instead. So far I didn't run into this
problem
because iOS seems to also populate the type field (type=HOME, type=WORK), at
least for standard locations.

Your attached full VCARD contains more data (e.g. more phone numbers, more
email addresses) than the Sogo connector and Thunderbird contact templates can
handle. TB only supports a hard coded list of address fields, everything else
is ignored i.e. will be lost after being updated on TB. The simple workaround
for this would be to not use any such extra fields in the first place. A
better
workaround would be to extend the TB contact GUI and provide matching
connector
code to handle it. Any volunteers? (Just kidding...)

Frank