Re: [SOGo] Interoperability of SOGo Connector and iPhone

  • From: Philip Achenbach < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Interoperability of SOGo Connector and iPhone
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 21:36:53 +0100

Hello Frank,

thanks for your reply and your hard work creating the patches. Your patch seems to handle most cases, as iOS indeed seems to populate the type field, at least with the values "home" and "work". "other" and custom values might become a problem, though, but I don't think they are typically used.

I am aware of the problem with Thunderbirds limited support of multiple fields. Unfortunately, I don't think this will change soon. But for me, properly working read access to the most important fields is at least a first (important) step in the right direction. Maybe the SOGo devs find some possibility to let Thunderbird/SOGo Connector only overwrite the fields it supports and ignore the others? This would at least fix the problem of Thunderbird destroying data.

Hopefully, a new version of the Thunderbird Addons (with your patches applied) will be released, soon.

Thanks for your work!

Philip