Re: [SOGo] free/busy and Thunderbird...

  • From: Ludovic Marcotte < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] free/busy and Thunderbird...
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:51:02 -0500

On 11-02-08 12:24 PM, Stefan Helms wrote:
Hello Ludovic,

I'm sorry, I'm losing track of what I did myslef, but let my try to to clear things up.

What I am aiming for is the following scenario (items marked '+' are done and working):
+ using our LDAP as global addressbook and primary authentication source (uid is the login name for the central IMAP server)
- members of one OU in LDAP should be allowed to authenticate, others shouldn't (so far all are allowed)
Do you have multiple OU that contain users allowed to authenticate or only one? If you only have one, just set the baseDN accordingly in your SOGoUserSources entry.
+ an additional authentication source/addressbook for "resources" with email addresses in a separate mail(sub)domain in SQL (because we can't write to the central LDAP)
+ local SMTP server on the SOGo host intercepts mails for the maildomain of those resources and pipes them to a script accepting appointments via curl, hands over other mail to our central smtp for delivery => no IMAP account for resources (mail tab in webinterface is deactivated via defaults)
- both addressbooks (LDAP and SQL) should be used for autocompletion in TB (so far only LDAP works)
Thunderbird can only have one "remote auto-completion source" defined.
My biggest pain-in-the-%!# right now is, that free/busy in Thunderbird only flashes appointments of LDAP users and then shows them as free.
Try also setting IDFieldName = uidNumber;

Regards,

--
Ludovic Marcotte

:: +1.514.755.3630 :: www.inverse.ca