Re: [SOGo] Debian Squeeze as client

  • From: Jim Carter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Debian Squeeze as client
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 10:54:05 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Paul van der Vlis wrote:

I expect it's possible to change the Sogo plugins to accept version
3.0.11. But what is the reason to depend on Thunderbird version 3.1?
Maybe these bugs are fixed in Debian.

My experience is with openSUSE so I can't help with Debian-specific issues, but the Lightning plugin will only install in Thunderbird 3.1.x, not 3.0.x.
I imagine that the SOGo plugins are based on or closely related to Lightning and rely on infrastructure added in the newer version.

On my net I obtained Thunderbird 3.1.6 from the SuSE Build Service so we could use Lightning (with a CalDAV server which we hope to replace with SOGo). Likely a recent version of Icedove can be found in Debian's "unstable" collection.

James F. Carter Voice 310 825 2897 FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet; 6115 MSA; 520 Portola Plaza; Los Angeles, CA, USA 90095-1555
Email:

http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)