[SOGo] Signature link missing. Proposed fix?

  • From: Jason Thibeault < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Signature link missing. Proposed fix?
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:01:48 -0300

Gentlemen,

I've noticed a number of my users appear to have the Signature link missing under the IMAP Settings tab in SOGo. I'm still looking for commonalities, but a large number of them have c_defaults set as NULL presently on their user entry in sogo_user_profile.

I'm not 100% certain of this, but it seems that to save space, your IMAP Settings tab is attempting to provide the link to edit the signature, as a "preview" of the signature. Sometimes, as with past issues where the signature contains nothing but a \n (which you fixed in 1.3.7a), this results in the link being simply broken or missing entirely.

I propose that for usability's sake, the edit link be simply a link that says "Edit", with a preview beside it if available. This way, when faced with an issue where this tab cannot preview the signature for whatever reason, the interface will not be broken. It's better to not have a preview of the signature, than to not be able to edit the signature at all.

What do you think?

And thanks, as always, for this fantastic product!

--
Jason Thibeault
OLS | IT Manager, Kentville

office 902.690.2249 | cell 902.679.7710 | fax 902.678.7200
email "> | website www.onlinesupport.com

Notice This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. It is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. Avis Cette communication, y compris tous les attachements, est confidentielle. On le prévoit seulement pour la personne ou les personnes à qui il est adressé. Si vous avez reçu cet email par erreur, informez svp l'expéditeur.

  • [SOGo] Signature link missing. Proposed fix?, Jason Thibeault, 05/30/2011