Re: [SOGo] Upcoming Improvements

  • From: xbgmsharp < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Upcoming Improvements
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:02:39 +0200

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the information.
Just to clarify, does this mean, we will be able to add/update/delete event and contact using script and without sogo interface.

If so, it does reply to my email which has been ignore asking for scripting contact.

Thanks
Frnacois

Ludovic Marcotte
< >
a écrit :

Hi,

Just a quick status on two things.

First, we'll release again a new version of our OpenChange backend this
week. This will feature major improvements regarding the handling of
"version numbers" for messages, tons of bug fixes and many speed
improvements. For example, we implemented QRESYNC support for IMAP in
order to quickly synchronize changes that happened on IMAP mailboxes.

Secondly, we've been working on the past few weeks on porting PyObjC
(http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/) to GNUstep. Things are now starting to
work quite well with the GNUstep runtime (libobjc2-1.5) and the gcc
runtimes (< 4.6 and >= 4.6). This will allow people to script and
extend SOGo in Python - without much knowledge of the innards of SOGo
and more importantly, without recompiling anything.

This will likely be integrated in the next big release, together with
some initial hooks.

I've attached the latest patch to PyObjC to this email, in case some of
you want to toy around with it and help us improve it.

As usual, feedback is welcome.

--
Ludovic Marcotte

:: +1.514.755.3630 :: www.inverse.ca
(www.packetfence.org)

--

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists

--
Thanks for using xbgm# / Devmon / BBwin.
http://xbgm.sourceforge.net/