Re: [SOGo] Sugestion about a LDAP Webfrontend

  • From: Jason Wohlford < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Sugestion about a LDAP Webfrontend
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 19:52:52 -0500

On Jul 31, 2011, at 6:32 PM, Darko Hojnik wrote:

> I'm currently working since one year with the combo SOGo, Postfix, DBmail,
> PostgreSQL and OpenLDAP. DBmail stores all mails in a PostgreSQL database
> and SOGo uses for itself another one. All users are stored inside a LDAP
> three. So I've the same users for SOGo, DBmail and Postfix inside LDAP. For
> less 100 users I've handled it with Apache Directory Studio. But in the
> future there will comes more users. Also users has asked me about a
> webfrontend to configure domains, users, aliases and such stuff.
> So I'm searching something like a web based solution. Anyone here who could
> suggest me something like this what is already present and OpenSource
> licensed?

I've found the combination of Webmin/Virtualmin to be fantastic. What I like
most about Webmin compared to other control panels, is that it actually
comprehends config files. One can make an edit directly with the config file
or through Webmin and nothing is messed up. Other control panels such as
cpanel and plesk force you to only do edits through their control panels.

Webmin/Virtualmin can handle users and groups in OpenLDAP. From there you
should be good to go. This is how I manage my clients.

Best Regards,
Jason

--
Jason Wohlford