Re: [SOGo] Downgrade Thunderbird from 7.x to 3.1

  • From: Chris Parsons < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Downgrade Thunderbird from 7.x to 3.1
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 21:08:18 +1030

On 2/11/2011 7:33 PM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
But in Thunderbird there is more then only IMAP mail. There are accounts, there are filters, there is learning data for spam, settings, signings, identities, etc. And also downloading imap mail can take some hours when you have much mail. That's the reason that I am intereted if it is possible to uninstall TB7 (without removing it's configuration data and mail) and install TB3.1. With regards, Paul van der Vlis.

Yes - but I cant explain how. We had a rogue package management system. People would upgrade their thunderbird using the internal upgrade system and our wpkg system would downgrade them back to 3.1. The only thing it would break is their addons that may have been upgraded at the same time.