Re: [SOGo] Downgrade Thunderbird from 7.x to 3.1

  • From: Brendan Murtagh < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Downgrade Thunderbird from 7.x to 3.1
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 08:06:58 -0400

Did you do a downgrade or a new install?

We uninstalled Thunderbird 7 and reinstalled TB 3.1.9, but we do not use a program like Revo Uninstaller to do additional cleanup. This should preserve the account settings, etc. and be automatically recognized when Thunderbird launches again.

When it was a downgrade: did you see any problems?

We didn't see problems doing the downgrade, we needed to get the user back to TB 3.1.9. If we ran into anything severe, I assume our techs would have completely uninstalled Thunderbird+Add-ons and started fresh. The email accounts are IMAP and Cal/CardDAV are used to pull the calendar data & address book from the server so uninstalling client-side doesn't impact our user's.

-Brendan

Brendan Murtagh
Email Administrator / IT Coordinator
PHONE: (610) 874-5000 x2232
FAX: (610) 874-5030
WEB: http://www.powerhrg.com

Power Home Remodeling Group

Awarded Window & Door Magazine's Dealer of the Year
Awarded The Top Workplace for Mid-Sized Companies by Philadelphia Inquirer
Awarded to the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies List

Visit our other websites and social platforms: Facebook | YouTube | PHRG Reviews | Total Care Installs

Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. Confidentiality Notice: Please be advised that no quotes, agreements, or understandings involving Power Home Remodeling Group, will be binding unless and until codified in a written document signed by an officer of the company. The information transmitted by this email is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any interception, review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking any action upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited by law and may subject them to criminal or civil liability. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us immediately at (610) 874-5000 and delete the message from any computer or other storage system.