Re: [SOGo] authenticationFilter is not in use with autocomplete

  • From: Francis Lachapelle < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] authenticationFilter is not in use with autocomplete
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:42:52 -0500

Hi Paul, Juanjo

On 2011-12-21, at 4:16 AM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:

> Op 20-12-11 19:33, Juanjo Garcia schreef:
>> I'm using authenticationFilter on mysql and it works fine with numerical
>> clauses, but I've seen that this clause is not in use when filling
>> autocomplete
>> fields for ACL, mostly because you don't want to give permissions to
>> anyone who
>> can't access, and because it will offer a way to limit the users shown in
>> this
>> field.
>>
>> Showing all users on autocomplete fields is also a security problem,
>> because
>> one user can see all usernames, and, in my case, their email addresses.

What you need is the "filter" parameter available for LDAP sources but not
yet SQL sources. Adding support for this parameter should be easy.

> For me this is a problem too. When you have one firm what uses Sogo it's
> no point, but when different little organisations or private persons are
> using it on one installation, it's not nice. I would like a way to
> turn-off the autocompletion.
>
> Maybe it's possible now to make groups of users. where the users can see
> only the others of the group. But I don't know how to realize that, and
> I am afraid it's a bit to complex for my situation.

You should instead activate multi-domains in your configuration.

Francis

--

:: +1.514.755.3640 :: http://www.inverse.ca
Inverse :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://sogo.nu) and PacketFence