Re: [SOGo] Pb Install Win 64bit + Thunderbird 3.1.17/9.0 + SOGo integrator 3.105

  • From: Fabian Rodriguez < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Pb Install Win 64bit + Thunderbird 3.1.17/9.0 + SOGo integrator 3.105
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:15:27 -0500

On 12-01-24 12:06 PM, Stéphane GAUDICHE wrote:
" type="cite"> Hi there,
I change of computer from an old
WinXP 32bit + Tb3.1.17+SOGo  (Full Lightning functionnal)
to an new computer:
Win7 64bit + Thunderbird (32bit) + ...
I'm dealing with a problem of installation of the sogo integrator 3.105 / SOGo server 3.1.9

Step 0, transferring DATA (full profile folder)
1st, install Tb9 (mistake but too late)
load profile manager to link profile to profile folder location
Installer tell about incompatible extension (i.e SOGo integrator ...) so,
2nd, i remove Tb9 to install Tb3.1.17 + integrator but [seems to be really too late]
after add integrator extension, Tb doesn't ask me to restart automatically.

I look to the pref.js which present to 2 user_pref:
user_pref("extensions.lastAppVersion", "3.1.17");
user_pref("extensions.lastPlatformVersion", "9.0");
Server side no thing appear in apache log when i retry 2nd step.

Can anyone give me little help. I don't see what wrong?
I know Tb10 is coming soon.
Anyway, Documentation on installation bests pratices or "What NOT to do list, to make it work fine?" are welcome!
--
Stéphane GAUDICHE

My personal suggestion would be to start from scratch, with your original 3.x profile. When running a newer Thunderbird with an older profile exctensions, data sructures and other important data will most probably also be updated to latest version/formats which may explain some of the odd behavior.

F.

Fabián Rodríguez