Re: [SOGo] Changing display of related emails in WebGUI similar to newer TB versions

  • From: Georg Bretschneider < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Changing display of related emails in WebGUI similar to newer TB versions
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 21:35:48 +0100

Hi Mirko,

> in my opinion the web interface is not meant to be the primary
> interface for extensive mail management. [...]

well, you do have a point. But I'm always surprised about I many people
are not using mail clients and are relaying on web frontends.
It's definitely nothing with priority. And the gui is very well usable
even if my suggestions are not added.

> Instead of adding all the features of a fat client to the web GUI, I'd
> prefer seeing the effort being put in adding the web GUI options to
> Thunderbird (extensions). It's quite annoying to log-in to the web
> interface in order to set a vacation message or other preferences, share
> a mail folder, etc. while TB is running anyway.

Adding and editing of vacation messages is possible right now. SOGo is,
if I'm correct, only creating a sieve script. You can install the TB
addon "Sieve" to edit your sieve scripts. Of course, the managesieve
protocol has to be accessible from outside, some configurations on your
firewall might be needed.
On the other hand - it's really not user-friendly. No normal user will
start scripting just to enable vacation messages. :-)

Sharing of mailboxes should be possible with the addon
"imap-acl-extensions", I guess?

Bye
Georg