Re: [SOGo] WOWatchDogRequestTimeout - Defaults.plist parameters ?

  • From: Ludovic Marcotte < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] WOWatchDogRequestTimeout - Defaults.plist parameters ?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:44:15 -0500

On 25/01/12 09:34, Vincent Bonamy wrote:
But is it safe to put 1 for this parameter ?
You chose that. If a legitimate request takes 61 seconds to complete because your server is loaded, it'll get killed.
Indeed, why the default value is "so high" (10 minutes) ?
We had to pick a value and initial loading of large calendars over CalDAV can take minutes to complete. That can be an issue for clients over slow links with a non-buffering HTTP solution.
Also, it seems that we can't setup this parameter lower than 1 minute, like 30 seconds for example, why ?
Because we think that anything less than 60 seconds would generate too many false-positives.

--
Ludovic Marcotte

:: +1.514.755.3630 :: www.inverse.ca
(www.packetfence.org)