[SOGo] SOGoEnableDomainBasedUID not fully working

  • From: Georg Bretschneider < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] SOGoEnableDomainBasedUID not fully working
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:37:03 +0100

Hi everyone,

from the beginning, I used the SOGoEnableDomainBasedUID YES option in my
SOGo config to allow users to login with the email addresses. As a test,
I added SOGoLoginDomains with an array of two (mutli domain setup), too.

I have to LDAP databases and therefor two user sources configured in my
SOGo configuration. In both databases there is a user with the same uid.
I could login into both accounts using the uid as username and selecting
the one of the entries from my SOGoLoginDomains array. That worked
pretty well.

Unfortunately, as stated in a different post, accessing my CardDav
account (with my own user) is only possible with the uid as username,
not the email address.

I now "deactivated" the SOGoLoginDomains option and restarted SOGo. Now,
I can login with the email address, the pull down menu with the domain
entries is gone from the frontpage, of course.

Now I discovered, that I can not login in BOTH of the above mentioned
accounts using their email address.

I only can login with the user of the first of both LDAP databases, with
uid OR email address as username.

I understand that I could change my user sources configuration. But I
hoped SOGo would "magically" dismantle the given username (email
address) into uid (localpart) and then looks in the LDAP databases
defined in the dictionary named like the domain part.

<key>domains</key>
<dict>
<key>domain1.tld</key>
<dict>
<!-- authentication method informations
</dict>
<key>domain2.tld</key>
<dict>
<!-- authentication method informations
</dict>
</dict>

Because, changing my config to SOGo looking in the email address field,
wouldn't that possibly allow a user to login with a second email
address, thats saved within his account? (At least, when it's the first
one of the two.)

What am I missing, what am I doing wrong?

Bye
Georg

  • [SOGo] SOGoEnableDomainBasedUID not fully working, Georg Bretschneider, 01/26/2012