Re: [SOGo] CardDAV sync on iPhone

  • From: Georg Bretschneider < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] CardDAV sync on iPhone
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:46:47 +0100

Hi André,

thanks for your answer.

>> Problem is, I setup a multi domain environment. Right now I did not test
>> what happens, if a there is a user with the same uid in the second ldap
>> database.
>>
>> Possibilies:
>> 1) One of us won't be able to access his address book, because
>> ldapsearch will retrieve one occurance of the uid in both databases and
>> the user with the correct password wins.
>> 2) Everything will fuckin' break.
> I don't know of which one will hapen (Probably variant 3!)
> but it will definitively do you no good...

Looking at the results posted here:
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists/arc/users/2012-01/msg00418.html
its variant 1!

> In a multi domain setup you have no other choice than have UNIQUE user
> names.
> Simplest (and best to remember for the users) is to use the email
> address as login name.

I'm asking because of this statement in the docs:

SOGoEnableDomainBasedUID

Parameter used to activate user identification by
domain. Users will be able (without being
required) to login using the form
username@domain, meaning that values of
UIDFieldName no longer have to be unique
among all domains but only within the same
domain. Internally, users will always be identified
by the concatenation of their username and
domain. Consequently, activating this parameter
on an existing system implies that user identifiers
will change and their previous calendars and
address books will no longer be accessible unless
a conversion is performed.
Defaults to NO when unset.

UIDFieldName no longer has to be unique among all domains!
Right now, it looks like it has!

I GUESS my CardDav problems corresponds with the mentioned problem here:
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists/arc/users/2012-01/msg00418.html
I opened a separate topic nontheless, seems to be a "more general"
problem / misconfiguration on my side.

Bye
Georg