Re: [SOGo] Migrationpath 3.x -> 10.x ?

  • From: " " < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Migrationpath 3.x -> 10.x ?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:36:41 +0100

Jakob Lenfers
< >
a écrit :

On 11.02.2012 11:44, xbgmsharp wrote:

// Configure Thunderbird update
// https://wiki.mozilla.org/Software_Update
force_bool_pref("app.update.silent", true);
force_bool_pref("app.update.enabled", true);
force_bool_pref("app.update.auto", true);
force_int_pref("app.update.mode", 1);
force_char_pref("app.update.url.override","http://sogo.${domain}/thunderbird/updates.php?version=%VERSION%&target=%BUILD_TARGET%&lang=%LOCALE%";);

force_bool_pref("app.update.cert.requireBuiltIn", false);

Looks very interesting, are you already using something like this?

yes i use it in production since 2 years. It allow you to control TB update and avoid user updating to non supported version when Mozilla push a new version.
However it should not be the case anymore with ESR version but still nice to have.

could increase the internal version number of the extensions, add those
changes into the plugins and update most of your clients automatically
with that as far as I understand...

Exactly
You will need to add an additional parameter (em:updateURL, https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Install_Manifests) to fully supported the SOGo extensions to update from TB3.1 to TB10

I just quickly checked the wiki link, but I'm not quite sure if I get
this completely: The updates.php has to reference some special .mar
files, doesn't it? And I would need to generate my own .mar file, or
could I get one somewhere for tb10esr? Does someone has a bit less
brainstormy documentation and a more solution focused one?

This is the problem with Mozilla, there is a lot missing documentation and when there is, it is unclear or obscure.
Your update.php need to refrer to a mar file that can be on your server or on Mozilla server.
The mar file are create by Mozilla so no need to modify them, except if you want additional customization like you do with addons.
IT could be susefull to integarte an SSL cert but i never did it.
It is also why all URL are in HTTP otherwise does not work.

This is the url i use to download the mar file from my script.
http://download.mozilla.org/?product=thunderbird-${version}-complete&os=win&lang=$mylang
You can find it all link in this page:
http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/organizations/all-esr.html

Having everything working and tested and documentated is more likely 2-3 days of works.

But seems very promising, thanks for the pointer! I hope I'll find some
time tomorrow to play around with this.

Jakob

--
Thanks for using xbgm# / Devmon / BBwin.
http://xbgm.sourceforge.net/