[SOGo] Funambol 11

  • From: Mirko Stoffers < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Funambol 11
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:00:37 -0500

Hi all,

I just got a complaint from a user that his Android no longer syncs with SOGo. He said that the "Funambol" app has vanished and instead a "OneMediaHub" app from Funambol Inc. has appeared.

When I search for "funambol", I find two apps on the market:

OneMediaHub 11.0.1:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.funambol.androidsync&feature=search_result

FunV10 10.1.1:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.funambol.funv10&feature=search_result

My conclusion is that Funambol updated and renamed Funambol 10 to OneMediaHub 11, and added a new app FunV10 10. So far so good, but the user-comments on the market indicate that OneMediaHub 11 does not work with custom servers, i.e. it will not work with SOGo. Can anybody confirm that? (Or did the users just not find the switch?)

What would you guys suggest to fix the problem? Reinstalling Funambol 10? Would this work out-of-the-box w/o reconfiguring everything? Or would you (anyway) rather recommend carddav/caldav?

Unfortunately, I don't have access to that mobile, so I'll have to give the user precise advice how to fix the problem. Further, the address book must be accessible by bluetooth (from the car) which I remember was a bit tricky with funambol.

Thanks,

Mirko