Re: [SOGo] ANN: automx - automated mail account configuration

  • From: Stephen Ingram < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] ANN: automx - automated mail account configuration
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:07:30 -0700

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Patrick Ben Koetter
< >
wrote:
> SOGo Users,
>
> I am pleased to announce automx, a tool that makes setting up a mail account
> easy. All your users need to provide is real name, mail address and
> password.
> Their mail client and automx will safely handle the rest.
>
> automx runs on your server and handles mail account profile requests from
> your
> mail clients. It unifies Microsofts and Mozillas mail account provisioning
> standards in one powerful Open Source tool. Choose from many backends,
> including LDAP and SQL, and let automx create standard and individualized
> profiles for multiple domains on the fly!
>
> automx is Open Source software released under GPL3.
>
> More on http://automx.org

Can't wait to give this a try once the rpms are available. Setting up
Thunderbird autoconfig is reasonably easy, but it's nice to have the
more complicated Outlook in such a nice package. Love the extensive
backend support too. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw SASL
auth in the mix. Very thorough.

Steve