Re: [SOGo] Web Performance issue

  • From: Alessio Cecchi < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Web Performance issue
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:45:38 +0200

Il 27/03/2012 19:52, Marco Coli ha scritto:
Il 27/03/2012 08:57, Alessio Cecchi ha scritto:

Hi Marco,

what IMAP server are you using? Dovecot should have better performance
than Cyrus.

I am using cyrus-imapd-2.4.14-1.el6.x86_64.
Are you sure about best Dovecot performances? For us is not possible to
migrate, we are using Cyrus for the last 10 years.
In the daily use, with Thunderbird as a client or with squirrelmail as
web application, we never experienced any performance issue.

I thought it was a new installation, in your case you can not switch to dovecot, at least not simply.

Have you properly configured memcached?

Well, it depends on what you intend with "properly". At first memcached
was not active (as I noticed on sogo logs). After this I started it,
with these parameters:
PORT="11211"
USER="nobody"
MAXCONN="1024"
CACHESIZE="64"
OPTIONS=""

But nothing has changed about this performance issue.
Marco Coli

Do you have in your SOGo config:

SOGoMemcachedHost 127.0.0.1

Should be by default.